COMPETITIVE SPORT 2012-2013 ROUNDUP
Following the success of the 'Clavering PE and Sport Programme' in 2011-2012, we had a very hard act to follow. However the Olympic Legacy was very much alive at Clavering Primary School throughout 2012-2013!
2012-2013 was another hugely successful year for the school with a magnificent 90% of children in our 2012-13 Year 6 Cohort representing Clavering in competitive sport.
Just as impressively:
- 87% of our 2013-14 Year 6 Cohort (2012-2013 Year 5 pupils) also represented Clavering in competitive sport;
- 78% of our 2014-15 Year 6 Cohort (2012-2013 Year 4 pupils) lso represented Clavering in competitive sport; and
- in 2012-2013, children from Year 1 to Year 6 all had the opportunity to represent the school in competitive sport, particularly thanks to our second North Hartlepool Family of Schools’ Summer Games.
It was another AMAZING year!
Our Year 6 Boys’ Football Team finished the season unbeaten and won the Year 6 Boys’ Northern Schools’ League.
Our Year 5 Boys’ Football Team finished the season unbeaten and won the Year 5 Boys’ Northern Schools’ League.
Our Girls’ Football Team came second in the Girls’ Hartlepool Town Cup Champions.
Our Year 4 Mixed Football Team won the first ever North Hartlepool Family of Schools’ Year 4 Football Tournament.
Our Year 3 Mixed Football Team won the first ever North Hartlepool Family of Schools’ Year 3 Football Tournament.
Our Year 2 Mixed Football Team won the first ever North Hartlepool Family of Schools’ Year 2 Football Tournament.
Our Year 6 Basketball Team won the Basketball Town Finals and competed well in the Tees Valley Finals.
Our Year 6 Tag Rugby Teams came first and third in the Cluster Tag Rugby Tournament. Our Clavering A Tag Rugby Team then went on to come third in the Tag Rugby Town Finals.
Our Years 5 & 6 Sportshall Athletics Team came second at the Cluster Sportshall Athletics Festival.
Our Years 5 & 6 Netball Team won the Cluster Netball Competition and competed well in the Netball Town Finals.
Our Years 5 & 6 Girls’ Kwik Cricket Team, Year 5 Mixed Kwik Cricket Team and Year 6 Mixed Kwik Cricket Team all qualified for and competed well in the Kwik Cricket Town Finals.
Having won their Cluster Skipping Competition, our Year 4 Skipping Team came second in the Town Skipping Finals, narrowly missing out on first place! The children won the largest number of gold and silver medals on the day.
Our Year 3 Tennis Team came second in their Cluster Tennis Tournament, as did our Year 4 Tennis Team at a town-wide tournament held at Eldon Grove Tennis Club.
Following their success in the Cluster Cross Country Competition, fifteen of our runners from our Years 3-4, Year 5 and Year 6 Cross Country Teams participated in Town Cross Country Finals. Particular congratulations to Thomas C (Year 6), Alex L (Year 6), Charlotte M (Year 6), Craig A (Year 5), Philip A (Year 5), Sarah M (Year 5), Luke R (Year 4) and Sophie C (Year 4) who all qualified to represent Hartlepool in the Tees Valley Finals.
Our Key Stage 2 Swimming Team was made up of boys and girls from across Key Stage 2. They represented Clavering at the Town Swimming Gala, competing brilliantly in their individual races and relays. Likewise, our Year 3 Swimming Team also competed extremely well in a separate Town-wide Swimming Gala.
Our Year 6 Athletics Team won the Cluster Athletics Competition, winning 9 out of the 16 available gold medals.
Our Year 5 Athletics Team won the Cluster Athletics Competition, winning 7 out of the 16 available gold medals. Particular congratulations to Craig A, Nathan A and Megan C who, following the Town Athletics Finals, qualified to compete as part of the Hartlepool Athletics Team at the Tees Valley Finals at Claireville Stadium.
we further developed Intra-School Sport at Clavering with every child in every year group from Year 1 to Year 6 having the chance to compete in Intra-School Sport;
- we held a wonderfully successful Clavering Sports Day with children from Nursery to Year 6 winning thousands of stickers in what was a competitive but fun day;
- we reaffirmed our link with the Youth Sport Trust’s ‘School Games’ networks and continued to promote and develop the Clavering Sports Values;
- Clavering sports superstar Alex Lamb became the first girl in Hartlepool to be offered a place in the Elite Development Squad at Dyke House Sports & Technology Academy, having represented Clavering in seven different sports and having been an outstanding ambassador for the school as well as a fine example of all six Clavering Sports Values; and
- cheered on by a fantastic crowd, the Clavering Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 Athletics Teams performed brilliantly at the second North Hartlepool Family of Schools’ Summer Games, winning 55 medals! Overall, we were crowned the CHAMPIONS, having won 1070 points in comparison with Barnard Grove (980 points), St John Vianney's (800 points), West View (530 points), St Bega's (470 points) and St Helen's (470 points).
What a FANTASTIC year!
CONGRATULATIONS to all the Clavering children who participated in Competitive Sport in 2012-2013!