EXTRA-CURRICULAR CLUBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
CLAVERING CHILD-LED COMMITTEES AND LEADERSHIP ROLES
As part of our commitment to involving children in their own learning and enabling them to take a lead in school initiatives, we have a number of successful committees. Congratulations to all of our children who have been elected onto the following committees and groups:
School Council (see Mrs Corr for more information);
Eco Schools Group (see Mrs Weightman for more information);
Fairtrade Steering Group (see Mr McAvoy or Mrs Weightman for more information);
PESSPA Leadership Academy: PESSPA Leaders and Girls Active (see Mr McAvoy or Mr Stoddart for more information).
CLAVERING SPORTS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CLUBS
During the course of an academic year, we offer a variety of extra-curricular sports and physical clubs to our children. These typically include:
- Upper School Multi-Sports Club;
- Middle School Multi-Sports Club;
- Lower School Multi-Skills Club;
- Futsal Club;
- Key Stage 2 Girls Active Multi-Skills Club;
- Key Stage 2 Gymnastics Club;
- Key Stage 1 Gymnastics Club;
- Physical literacy sessions;
- Lunchtime Key Stage 1 Multi-Skills Club;
- Lunchtime Key Stage 2 Multi-Skills Club;
- Year 6 Dodgeball Club;
- Year 5 Dodgeball Club;
- Year 4 Dodgeball Club;
- Year 3 Dodgeball Club.
In addition, all pupils from Year 1 to Year 6 can access our daily 'Get Up, Get Active' sessions every morning before school.
CLAVERING SPORTS TRAINING
In preparation for the many inter-school competitions that we are involved in, we organise additional training for targeted teams. During the course of the year, we typically offer training in at least eleven sports formats:
- Football training: Under 11 A Team, Under 11 B Team, Under 10 A Team, Under 10 B Team, Year 4 Team, KS2 Girls' Team;
- Rugby: Upper School Boys' A Team, Upper School Boys' B Team, Upper School Boys' C Team, Upper School Girls' A Team, Upper School Girls' B Team, Upper School Girls' C Team;
- Basketball: Upper School Team;
- Netball: Upper School A Team, Upper School B Team, Upper School C Team, Upper School D Team;
- Tri Golf: Year 4 Team;
- Badminton: Year 4 Team;
- Multi-Skills: Year 2 Team;
- Tennis: Year 3 Team;
- Skipping: Year 2 Team, Year 4 Team;
- Sportshall Athletics: Upper School Team, Middle School Team;
- Track and Field Athletics: Year 6 Team, Year 5 Team, Middle School Team, Reception-Year 6 NHFoS' Team;
- Cricket: Year 6 Team, Year 5 Team, Upper School Girls' Team.
Please speak to Mr McAvoy, Mr Stoddart or Mrs Robson for more information.
CLAVERING RESIDENTIALS PROGRAMME
We are extremely proud of our Clavering Residentials Programme which runs throughout Key Stage 2. Well over one hundred pupils participate in our Clavering residentials every year!
Please speak to Mr McAvoy and/or visit the residentials sections of our school website for further information.
CLAVERING JOHN MUIR AWARD PROGRAMME
We have received 'John Muir Award Provider Status' from the John Muir Trust for our outstanding John Muir Award Programme which is offered to children in Year 6. Over three hundred pupils have now received this prestigious environmental award!
Please speak to Mr McAvoy and/or visit the John Muir Award sections of our school website for further information.
CLAVERING GARDENING CLUB
Members of our Gardening Club play a huge part in maintaining our extensive Outdoor Learning Zone (OLZ), wild areas, flower patches, school pond and school allotment. The children also make a significant contribution to our 'Eco Schools' work.
Please speak to Mrs Weightman or Miss Taylor for more information.
CLAVERING ARTS CLUBS
As part of our commitment to 'The Arts', we offer a number of arts clubs. Examples of clubs offered at Clavering include:
- Upper School Choir;
- Years 1-2 Singing Club;
Lower School Arts and Crafts Club;
- Middle School Arts and Crafts Club;
- Middle School Drama Club;
- Key Stage 2 Music Club.
Through Tees Valley Music Service, we also offer peripatetic instrumental tuition in a range of instruments.
Please speak to Mr Savage for more information.
We are delighted to host a local Brownies Pack on Mondays from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
Please speak to Miss O'Brien or 'Brown Owl' (Mrs Shears) for more information.